Wednesday 1 May 2013

TodaysMeet


Using TodaysMeet to make predictions about the character Little Green.

 The past couple of weeks I have been trying out the web tool TodaysMeet.com. I really enjoy using this web tool. I have used it to have my students share their ideas about Flat Stanley, to predict what was in the bucket (worms) and to share their learning about worms.


Flat Stanley TodaysMeet

TodaysMeet sharing what we have learned about worms.
































Today I used Todays Meet to have the students make predictions about who Little Green in the story Little Green is.
QR Code takes us to the room in TodaysMeet.




First I created the room in TodaysMeet and then I generated a QR code so that the students could scan and easily find the web site. They love using the QR Reader to scan codes. Then I read 3 pages of the story, encouraging the students to visualize the words and to use these visualizations to figure out who Little Green is. They then recorded their ideas in TodaysMeet. I then read more pages and encouraged them to listen carefully to the words and to see if they needed to change their prediction. They then recorded their new ideas in the room. I observed my students making predictions, changing predictions based on new information, and reading their classmates predictions. During this activity, I saw my students making a great effort to contribute their own ideas.








Have you ever used TodaysMeet before?  Next I am going to use it during a math discussion.





1 comment:

  1. I haven't used it before but after reading your blog post and seeing how you used it I will definitely try it put. Thank you for your presentation today at the STA conference. It was nice to put a face to your name. Looking forward to more connections with you and your class! Thanks again for sharing your knowledge!

    Sarah Betts

    ReplyDelete